Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Snowy, sleepy days

Baby Feet
Sleep deprivation, oh how I forgot how much you mess with my head!

I think the sleep deprivation has caught up with me, that and the constant time inside because the weather has been too cold to bring the babes out into.  I have had a couple days of not so loving life!
But I keep telling myself that it goes quickly and soon I will be looking back at it like I did when Stella was finally out of the non-sleeping ages!!

Tummy Time
The babies are doing so well really.  They have really developed their personalities a bit.  Wren is getting to have a lot of times of pensiveness, like River.  She still is my little velociraptor when she wants something, but it's not so much of just sleeping, yelling, eating, sleeping, yelling, eating...She likes to sit in some of the little seats and the swing that we have now too, which is nice.
River is trying out his voice a bit more, but is still really chill.  He likes to sit and view the world from one of our arms and he has a really sweet connection to Scott.  He likes to nestle up on his chest and fall off to sleep-Scott usually does the same!
We are developing somewhat of a routine here-of course it changes a bit each day and I am sure it will change drastically as time goes on.  I am starting to know what their cues are.  I used to think that every little noise and movement from them meant they were waking and so I would immediately pick them up.  Now, I wait until they are really acting like they are needing to be picked up and this means they sleep a lot longer!  They usually take a few 3 hour naps in the day.  I try to balance out napping (I am a horrible napper) with chores.
My babies are really growing right in front of my eyes.  They have gone from the tiniest, fragile newborns to babies with real personalities.  I see them beginning to recognize me now and it melts my heart.

Mom and River

No comments:

Post a Comment