Stella In My Sweet New Sunglasses-They Look Better On Her
I had a wonderful Mother's Day surrounded by family and of course my sweet Stella. To be honest, I was nervous about this year's day for me because life is different now, but it turned out to be lots of fun. I started with a leisurely morning and then we traveled down to my parent's house where I was pleasantly surprised with some very sweet gifts and a wonderful card that my parents had Stella write in. It was unexpected and nice. The gift that we picked out for our mother ended up being perfect. We got it from Etsy and you just never know when you buy something just through pictures. Everything that I have ever bought off that sight I have been pleasantly surprised with and this was no exception. My mother is obsessed with birds and nests and my sister was lucky enough to find a dainty necklace that has 3 eggs in a nest (one for each of her children) and a charm off the the side with an "S" for Stella, her only grandchild thus far. Scott will try to tell you it is for him though (wink, wink).
The Necklace-
you can't see the charm off to the side, but you get the idea.I also was betrothed with many Mimosas that we got to sip outside on the lawn. Where my family is, it is usually way too buggy with black flies this time of year to spend too much time out in the yard, but it was windy and so the bugs held off. My sister, mom, dad, Scott and I all got to sit around on the lawn with our drinks of choice watching Stella play her game of choice-jumping on the "boing boing" with Uncle Devon.


It was so funny! Devon was a great sport and he always does such a great job with her as Stella simply adores Dev.

We had a great lunch out on the deck with our usual of good ol' family grilling and Stella got to go "swimming" in the hot tub. She was even brave enough to try to swim without her tube. Grampa took the time to show her the "doggy paddle" and it was so sweet how patient he was with her and how intent on listening and learning from him Stella was.

This year she is going to get right in there and do the doggy paddle like it's no one's business!! She now constantly asks to go in the hot tub with grampa every single day!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment