Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Innocence Speaks

Oh Stella, my little wonder!! The things that she says are so amazing, sometimes so profound and from her old soul and other times....well, an example.

Stella: "Mom, I am sorry you are getting so old."
Me: "I'm not that old!"
Stella: "Yes, you are, you are getting so old. I am sorry about that."

A little bit later...

Stella: "Does Gramma get to have Mother's Day?"
Me: "Yes, she does because she is my mommy."
Stella: "Does Grampa get to have Mother's Day?"
Me: "No, he is not a mother, he is a father though and he can celebrate Father's Day."
Stella: "You're a Mother."
Me: "Yes, I am. I am your mother."
Stella: "Oh, you're my mother. I need another mother."
Me: "What!? I am the only mother you will have because I gave birth to you! I get to be your
mother forever!!"
Stella" "Yeah, but I need a new mother because you are getting so old."


Gotta love innocence

No comments:

Post a Comment