She has this amazing presence about her that draws people to her, it is fascinating to take part in, and strange to have to say "thank you" after someone comes up to her with praise and looks at her and then looks at me. Like, I have to say something and the only thing that ever comes to mind is "thank you."
A great story about stranger's fascination with her is during the recent ice storm. We didnt' have power for, I think, 6 days and with a house that uses electricity to heat the house either by the propane heater or the electic heat, and having an electric stove and oven and also a well-there was not much in the way of provisions through the ordeal that could heat us up. We did use our coleman stove to make tea and soup, but after 6 days of pb and jelly, and tea? Come on...So we went on a search for coffee and came upon the dreaded Dunkin Donuts in Hampton on route 1. I do not like Dunkin Donuts (sorry for all those lovers of it, go you-not for me though.) The line was insanely long and Stella was up to her usual socializing. She talked to everyone and charmed them all with her love of the fake Christmas tree.
So, we're sitting at a table and Stella is eating away at her bagel and drinking her drink and there is this table of the sweetest elderly ladies. One in particular really caught my attention as she had a sweet old-fashioned hat and some hand made for sure knitted garments on. Stella always has really good manners out at restaurants-something we worked really hard with since she was a baby. Finally, we decide to go back home and as we are leaving the sweet woman calls to Stella to tell her what an amazing little girl she is. That she had such wonderful manners, was so polite and sweet and how lucky it is to have her. She was so happy to have met my little Stella. They of course get into a very innocent conversation exchanging names. Hers was Fern and Stella thought that was amazing because she had created a fairy named Fern. Well, the conversation had to draw to a close and with it was fern saying that meeting Stella had made her entire day. It truly brought a tear to my eye, so sweet and charming.
So, coming back to the photogenic idea...
She has new love for taking pictures herself and loves to take my camera around-something that I get nervous about seeing how I would not be able to afford to buy a new one for myself. But, she is careful and it is so interesting to me to watch her work and to see what she finds interesting. And, I have to say-she is not a bad photographer. Here are some of her pictures from this morning.
aw, my gram's name was Fern, sooo cute.
ReplyDeletep.s. check the comment i left you on my blog ;)
If I ever have another child-and I have a girl she will be named Fern!!!
ReplyDeleteI responded to your comment-I am so in!!!
YEAH! thats so funny, i always promised my grammy i would name my lil one Fern...that will be cute, there will be TWO Ferns!!!
ReplyDeleteyes!
we need to get practicing :)