
It has been quite a while now since Stella decided to become her own hairdresser. The shock and awe has worn off, but she did begin to look like a bit of a mountain girl. And not in a cute, hippie way...in a "I live in a dirty house, with no food, look I have no teeth and don't know how to read all that well." She was even taught to sing "I was born on the bayou...I was born on the bayou..." with a little air guitar and guitar music after! Thank you Scott.

It was Danielle's birthday and the first encounter with the whole family in a long time and with Stella being the star that she is, I had to trim her hair up a bit to try to blend in the gorgeous work she had done herself. She took it quite well, having been scared before of having her hair cut ever again from all the attention she got about her own work. I think it came out great and will end up look just fine as the little pieces begin to grow. As her father said, "It will be nice and cool for the summer." I have to agree.

Everyone was pleasantly surprised at her appearance at the party. They had all heard or had seen the pictures that I had taken, which I admit now did show off the shock value more than in real life. I think she and I have learned a great many lessons from this experience and I am glad that we both got to experience that right of passage. It wouldn't be the same if there were no "self haircut" pictures in her photo album to show her future suitors!

No comments:
Post a Comment