Friday, June 5, 2009

In With the Old and In With the New

Last weekend Stella, my sister and I all went to a high school friend's house for a cook out. At first there was trepidation about meeting back up with old friends. You just never know what to expect: How much have they changed? How much have I changed? Will they recognize me even?...These friends I have not seen for almost 11 years! How crazy is that to be able to say.
Stella Meeting Her New Friends

I have to say that I had an amazing time, and so did Stella. Megan-the hostess-was so warm, welcoming and best of all hilarious! I was so excited to see Mandy and to finally meet Kaya as well and they were absolutely wonderful. Beginning with the initial hug between Mandy and I and continuing on until they had to head home, we fit right back together like we never left each other. We had a blast and Mandy is sooooooo funny and sooooo sweet.
For being a party for us old timers it sure seemed like a party for kids with Megan being the "stranger with candy." For someone who has no children she sure does have a lot of toys for them. Hmmmm....
Stella and Kaya

Kaya and Stella became instant best buds and acted like they had already been friends for ages. Kaya and Mandy were so sweet and made Stella a fairy pendant that as soon as I found her a chain for she has not taken it off saying, "I named my fairy Kaya, so I would never forget my friend Kaya."
Megan, Mandy and a Sleeping Kaya

Mandy and Sleepy Head Kaya


The Boys (Megan's Husband, Mandy's Husband and John)

A blast and the fun continued until the wee hours of the morning when finally Megan, Danielle and I decided we best head to bed. Danielle and I continued to giggle like idiots for another half and hour, like we were kids.
In a world of chaos and times of constant change and worry, it was so amazing to get together and not have a care in the world and know you were surrounded by good people.
Thanks you guys....and boy do I have some good "ransom" pics so watch out!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment