Saturday morning she wakes up and climbs into my bed with me. This is a morning ritual where we snuggle and talk about what dreams we had and what is to come with the day ahead. This morning she rolls over to me and says, "Mommy, what it reticulated?" HUH? I asked her if she was thinking of the right word and she said yes. I then asked her where she heard the word from and she said Martha. Martha is actually Martha Speaks, which is an educational cartoon on PBS. Stella doesn't get to watch much tv, we don't have cable and only have the rabbit ears and we stick to just PBS. She even loves to watch the old Lawrence Welk show. So Martha Speaks is about a dog who can speak-who would have thought. But they bring up various words and relay the meaning through out the adventure of the program. So, I actually didn't know what this word meant!! I tried to act like I did by asking her what they were talking about when they used the word all spelling bee savvy-"Can you use the word in a sentence please?"
No, she couldn't so I was condemned to look it up! Here is the official meaning-also used in a sentence.
reticulated - Characterized by or having the form of a grid or network. "the reticulate veins of a leaf"; "a reticulated highway system"
And now you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment